Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wife appreciation day

Sunday, I think, was supposed to be the national day to appreciate your wife. Well, I found out late and haven't gotten around to it until now.
If you have a wife, you know that they should be appreciated every day. It's only right. But on special occasions, the appreciation should be cranked up a little, at least. Here's my feeble attempt at appreciating my wife.

Coco,

Thank you for many things. In no particular order:
  • For being on a domestic mission since the fire. I think the washer, dryer and dishwasher have been running nearly constantly since Aug. 9. I could probably count on one hand how many times I have turned one of those machines on.
  • For being the good cop to my bad cop routine. Not that you're soft, but our kids definitely need their mommy to keep things a little more fun and loose. Otherwise they would be sentenced to Daddy's Hardcore Training Camp for Kiddos. Only slightly kidding.
  • For caring enough about your work to get stressed and feel responsibility. You know I've always admired the career you've built for yourself.
  • For being my partner during the chaotic time pre- and post-fire. Having babies is chaotic enough. Dealing with the aftermath of a fire is enough. Combining the two is insane. I couldn't conquer insane without you.
  • For knowing what a young Fitzgerald looks like and caring enough about literature that you talk to me about it every chance you get and swoon when your students are getting it.
  • For listening when this post-fire business gets to be, well, shitty. And for venting right back.
  • For just being a solid mom and person who doesn't do things you shouldn't do.
That's all I've got for right now. I'm five minutes late coming home and you're cooking spaghetti. I don't want to miss that.

Love you.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Now I feel sheepish for not cooking spaghetti like I'd promised!!!
    2. Thank you. Really. I don't know when husband appreciation day is, but I hope you know I appreciate you every single day. I love you.

    ReplyDelete