Friday, September 2, 2016

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end


Two months to the day I began unemployment, I received a call. It was over.
The next chapter takes place in Frankfort at Kentucky State University.
A portion of my campus interview couldn't have gone better if it were scripted. While taking a campus tour, I spotted a former St. Catharine student. We embraced and shared a quick moment. It was magical. Truly.
I'm joining a very talented communications team. I can't wait to learn from my new teammates. They're extremely intelligent and very welcoming.
The support I've received in the last two months has been incredible. It's been a lesson in how to raise others up, for sure. So many people have said or done or thought so many things that it would take an incredibly large spreadsheet to track it.
Someone who has seen me at my worst - and perhaps best - during this time has been my wife. Just when I think I can stop writing the list of reasons why she's incredible, she produces 17 new bullet points. It's utterly amazing. Thank you, Coury, for enduring with me (all while maintaining a perfect GPA and producing work that caused your education law professor to proclaim that you'd make a good lawyer). I am in awe of you.
To my St. Catharine College family, I miss you. There is so much more that could be said, but I miss you is the most succinct.
I'm thankful for the opportunity. Time to go to work.




No comments:

Post a Comment